Things I’m thankful for and those I learned in 2017!
It’s New Year’s Eve tomorrow and in just a few more hours, we’ll be welcoming a new year! Before that happens, I’d like to look back on the great things that happened to me this year, 2017.
This year started with me picking myself up and fighting the depression I experienced in 2016. I did things I thought would help my career to flourish. I also studied and took exams thinking of my future and how it would help my family. My family, my brothers and sisters most especially, will always be my number 1 priority. Things started working out for me, blessings had been coming one after another and I couldn’t thank Him enough for everything. There were still times when things became tough and somehow failed but giving up is not in my vocabulary when we talk about my family. I learned a lot from everything I went through this year.
Socially, I think I have also grown. Though I decided not to make social media the center of my social life as I met beautiful people who helped me, I also gathered real people through social media with my lovely followers and readers. Blog-related, I learned that quality will always matter more than quantity. I started my café series this year as I started drinking coffee again which I hope you enjoyed reading. I will do my best to give you more meaningful content in the next year too!
Sharing to you 7 of the most important things I learned this year:
• Socialize! Do this not only in social media but personally. It’s so saddening knowing the number of people who are depressed and even committing suicide because of depression. Social media was listed as one of the top reasons for this. We need to interact with others and make friends out of the web. This is one huge thing that can help you overcome that depression. But hey, there are also good things about social media, you can also make great friends there, like I have with you, my readers and followers. (Love you guys!)
• Accept who you really are and be yourself! I understand that there are a lot of us who are scared to show our true selves to others, wondering if we’ll be accepted, which is also why people would just opt to go to social media. Remember, you have your family with you who loves you no matter who you are. Try making friends, its then you’ll know that maybe you have created a friendship with the right people.
• Never think bad of others. Never think of bad things to happen to others. You’ll never know, that’ll return to you twofold, even threefold which is something you would want to avoid.
• Things may be tough but don’t let them break you. The toughest of problems may come to us making us feel helpless but you’ve got to be strong to overcome them. Believe that you can do it!
• Work on your dreams! You can’t achieve them by not doing anything, also, don’t depend on anyone. It’s only you who can make them happen!
• Be patient! This isn’t something new as I have been repeating this. I have proved time and time again that patience truly is a virtue.
• Lastly, everything happens for a reason and in the right time! If it’s meant to happen then it will happen with the right timing.
I want to extend my gratitude to everyone who were with me throughout the year and hoping for a great 2018 with the same genuine people. Let’s all think positive and keep smiling! Now, I’m ready for all the endeavors 2018 has for me and I know you are too! Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year everyone!
Be pretty, be happy, be you! H~